[Tango-L] Lead an invitation that can be ignored or faught

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 22:46:04 EDT 2008

I agree with Sergio that it sounds like a joke. I've always understood and been
taught that tango is all about 'lead and follow', as is every other partner dance.
Surely, leading is the man's major responsibility in tango. How can the lady
ignore or fight his lead unless, of course, she doesn't understand it?

If it's not a joke, I'd like Laurie to explain a little more. And I'd love to here
some comments from the ladies - especially those who live in Buenos Aires,
or at least visit a lot. Does this happen there?

Man, this could turn my world upside down.

Jack