[Tango-L] Lead an invitation that can be ignored or fought

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 03:18:54 EDT 2008

Sean here. If you were to search through the archives, you would find that I once thought like Mario does. With only 4 or 5 years experience, I was barely a tango beginner...

Mario, I know you are excited and enthusiastic about your new hobby, but please, aquire a decade or 2 of experience before pronouncing the inevitable PC future of this dance. You may not believe it, but I suspect that North Americans are not the sole repository of wisdom in gender relations. 10 years from now you may be quite embarrassed if someone dredges up your latest gem from the archives.

I have no interest in dancing with passive women. There is no greater thrill than dancing with an active partner. But if a woman wants to take my role, well, I will never fight with her over that. If she chooses to ignor or "negotiate", then I choose to just walk away. And should the bleak future Mario predicts come to pass, I will prefer to dance with Ramiro, and leave the women to sit.

Sean

P.S. A PHD implies some intelligence, but no wisdom is necessary.