[Tango-L] Lead an invitation that can be ignored or fought

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 19:30:36 EDT 2008

"El hombre marca y la mujer sigue"
   Dear Sergio,
    I hate to have to tell you this but the good 'ol days are going fast...soon they will be gone.
  Didn't we have a woman post her PHD thesis here last month. In which she tells us how the
  old world mentality of male/female roll playing (in the dance and cabeceo) are just antique
  male dominance devices that are now being challenged and defeated even in BsAs. Then she thanked the Tango-L readers who sent her many 'pro-active' emails.
   I dare say that, in North America, who leads and who follows will soon have to be negotiated...hence, the confusion. Certainly expecting a woman to follow everything you
  lead, without negotiation first, would be terribly demanding and chauvinistic.
  Check your balls, guys.
    (this is my last post for the week..I got carried away with three today...so sorry)