[Tango-L] How to initiate lean

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 00:19:09 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
> From: Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com>

> After she steps forward, then there is time when she brings the back leg to
> the "collect" position. At this time you move faster and initiate the lean.
> Once she feels the lean, she will not be able to move to the next step.
> Besides, your foot is already in appropriate position.

Sorry Igor but I just don't get it. I'm probably misunderstanding but the whole
idea of 'moving more quickly to initiate the lean', seemingly before she has time
to react and step forward just doesn't make sense to me. I like to use Carpa a
lot but it's always done in a slow and controlled manner. IMHO if you step back,
you have to do something positive to stop your partner from making a forward
step. As Michael and I have commented and as agreed by Trini, suspension
works fine but I'm sure there are other ways.