[Tango-L] Dancing with Oscar Mandagaron

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Mon Sep 15 17:13:26 EDT 2008

Oscar Mandagaran & Georgina Vargas have been giving workshops here in
the Bay Area for the last few months. Last saturday night they performed
and hosted a milonga. Georgina also sang and her voice is amazing.
Toward the end of the milonga, Oscar asked me (among other mere
mortals) to dance. It was a dance I'll always remember mainly for the quality
of the embrace, which was consistant throughout the dance. He was very
easy to follow bacause of that embrace. There was no pushing or pulling but
it felt like we were one person. I've never experienced anything like that
dance before.
I've heard it before, but now after experiencing it, I see that the embrace is
the most important & fundamental element of salon style tango. So, leaders,
instead of learning fancy sequences put your attention first on the embrace.
Your partners will adore you for it.

Diane