[Tango-L] Videos and criticism, the right arm lead

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Fri Sep 12 22:04:02 EDT 2008

My 2 cents:

>Since this is a new style of dancing milonga, I wonder if it is recent enough
that we can trace its origins.<

I think Juan Carlos Caceres gets the credit for the music with his "Tango
Negro" composition, and his promotion of Candombe and Murga. He injected fresh
blood into this type of music.

>I wonder who coined the term "milonga candombera". And who, if anyone,
teaches or hands down this style to others?<

Think of other terms like Tango/Milonga, Tango/Habanera, Bolero/Tangueado,
etc., The Milonga Candombera is a Milonga played with Candombe rhythms, or
rather using drums or drumming effects to accentuate the rhythm in the music.

Eduardo Capussi and Mariana Flores worked on this style, and came up with
interesting choreography maybe 9 - 10 years ago.

Cheers,

Bruno