[Tango-L] 30 seconds of chit-chat an Argentine custom

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 14:44:07 EDT 2008

yes , this is all true in terms of the "talk" time between dancing,
especially in more socially restricted times...
but I've also had many people in BsAs, including some key milongueros,
tell me it is because of the /music... /a good dancer wants to hear the
beat before he starts ( and there were many tango songs with long intros
before the "beat began")...
it is so wonderful to dance in a crowded BsAs milonga where  everyone is
just  standing, and then all of sudden, as if by secret code, everyone
starts dancing at the same time. Unforgettable!
I.