[Tango-L] Labor Day Festival: a complaint

robin tara robinctara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:18:57 EDT 2008

Tom,
Sorry, but I heard there weren't any vendors. And later I heard that
CarrieWhipple had a few shoes. Of course I knew that Anne Leva was
there with her
clothes, as always

You may not emphasize vendors, and that's fine. Your festivals are
wonderful experiences and people have a great time dancing and
reconnecting with old friends. But there are a whole lot of people
coming to festivals who want the opportunity to touch, feel and try
some tango shoes for size. Back when there were a selection of
companies selling at festivals people could compare and make informed
decisions about what to buy.

 Many people don't have the opportunity to go to Buenos Aires for
shoes and wait for festivals so they can know for sure what they're
buying. I just think the organizers should recognize this and give
their customers what they want.

I think that if you polled your participants you would discover that
they really want to have a good selection of clothes and shoes to
choose from. Men as well as women.

Robin