[Tango-L] Labor Day Festival: a complaint

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Tue Sep 2 15:47:13 EDT 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 11:57 AM, robin tara wrote:

> Thanks, Nancy,
>
> By the way, does anyone know why there weren't any shoe vendors in
> Albuquerque?
>
> Robin Tara
> http://www.22tangoshoes.com

Robin, you know this isn't true. In fact there were shoes and clothes
for sale. Not to mention, yoga in the morning and massage for your
aching feet. You also know that I've been happy to welcome you to my
festivals regularly. I know that you love to dance tango and get to
participate with everyone else.

However, I admit that I don't really emphasized vendors. With all due
respect to your business, my purpose is to honor the dancing and the
participants. Even the teachers at my festivals are not the big-name
show dancers, rather people who can entertain a large class and who
focus on social dancing. The only exhibition is a group social dance
honoring and presenting the teachers.

I do feel that the DJs deserve special recognition. They are the ones
who manage the social energy and keep you dancing for hours, even to
dawn.

Tom Stermitz
http://www.tango.org