[Tango-L] Labor Day Festival: a complaint

robin tara robinctara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:57:36 EDT 2008

Thanks, Nancy,

I'm glad someone has the nerve to speak up. This has been going on for
as many years as I have been dancing tango. It's worse in some places
than others. I've even seen it happen in classes where women are asked
to rotate. They don't seem to notice that some women have been
standing and waiting for their turn to dance and when the time comes
for a rotation, one sees the same women dancing and the same women
standing. The men don't know who has been waiting because they're busy
dancing, but the women know whether they just had a turn.

We women need to have more respect and concern for each other.

By the way, does anyone know why there weren't any shoe vendors in Albuquerque?

I know that Diva Boutique wants to start attending Tom's festivals.
She always brings hundreds of shoes  and I think both the women AND
the men would like to have such a big selection to choose from. She
carries my stuff - Tara Shoes as well as Comme il Faut and some other
brands, including men's shoes.

Best,

Robin Tara
http://www.22tangoshoes.com