[Tango-L] Where does the lead leave off and the follow begin??

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 12:44:55 EST 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IORQeCmsA

Jorge Firpo, here, is giving a demo at his class. The woman is not even named
and so it is probably an advanced student.  I really like this dance. It is plain to
see that Jorge has the chispa that keeps a dance interesting and dynamic..
There is no question about that..but I'm wondering to what extent is the woman
contributing because she looks darn good, too!  Would half the women in the class
have been able to deliver as good or nearly as good an experience??? Is this a good
reason for a lead to be very deliberate about whom one chooses to dance with?
The dance dosen't look that complicated but the 'attack' by both partners is superb.
..Any thoughts? ..{of course I will await and ignore the put-downs that will be posted
by Tango snobs who think that the $1,200 I have already spent on lessons isn't nearly
enough to keep their economy chugging along.}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IORQeCmsA