[Tango-L] under-turned and over-turned ochos

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 22:19:33 EST 2008

Larry,

You often amaze me with your posts and now I don't know whether you're
playing with us or not. Just who were these "three dozen teachers" who
could teach Ochos and fail to mention that the amount of turn can vary?
Sorry, but it just beggars belief. OK, overturned Ochos can wait, but, IMHO,
underturned Ochos should be taught in the very first 'Ochos lesson' because,
for one thing, they're easier for the lady than the full 180 deg turn and secondly,
as Larry mentions, they're progressive rather than staying is one place. I also
like to rotate to right or left while the lady does her Ochos as she circles around
me. This is achieved by varying the amount of turn in each of the 2 steps of the
Ocho. Again, especially with the forward Ocho, IMO, this is suitable for beginners.

C'mon Larry, tell us you're just kidding :-).

Jack