[Tango-L] Serpentine youth in Zagreb..look out!

Anton Stanley antonst at alidas.com.au
Tue Nov 18 22:23:20 EST 2008

I guess most people would agree with Sorin, that good tango is in the
eyes of the beholder. But I can't agree. No more than good wine is in
the taste buds of the beholder. In my opinion, it's got nothing to do
with which I prefer. I might have a penchant for crappy wine and cheap
fish and chips. Doesn't make it good cuisine. From my limited
experience, tango seems to increasingly lack a clear identity and a
corresponding benchmark for assessment. I'm incredulous at the enormous
variation of opinion on core matters, emanating from this list. A list
which I suspect, harbors the intelligencia of Tango. Maybe I'll
eventually come around to accepting the mantra "I think it. I believe
it. It is so."

Anton