[Tango-L] The Guided Practica

meaning of life kushi_bushi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 14:27:49 EST 2008

i call these "practilongas", and think that they are a blast. i actually usually prefer them to milongas, because they are a bit more "easy going".

in our area, they are great and we always have alot of fun. the better dancers are really great about "tuning up" everyone who wants to be helped out.

dans on
The TangonistaSponsered by P.E.T.A. (People Expressing Tango Attitude)NOTICE - no cats were injured in the making of our music> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:48:26 -0800> From: sopelote at yahoo.com> To: tango-l at mit.edu> Subject: [Tango-L] The Guided Practica> > I attended a guided practica in Phila. and thought it a great way to experience> the dance and dance instruction all at the same time.> The instructor was Sridhar of Tangohug dot com.> In my experience, I am not in the mood to attend a full Practica nor Milonga> after an energetic 1 1/2 hour class. So, it's usually one or the other.> This way, I got to experience the dance in it's total reality and had the> added opportunity to get feedback on my form, musicality, etc.> At times, Sridhar would come over to us after a song and a little aside> from the line of dance, show a way to improve our dance. Even when this> happened in the line of dance, the other dancers had no qualms about> simply navigating around the knot of instruction and going on with their> own dance. I've heard that this will be done again in the future and I'm > enthusiasticly looking forward to it!> I was wondering if anyone in this forum could comment on similar experiences> and maybe tell us something about the proceedures used at their's.> ..all comments welcome> > > > _______________________________________________> Tango-L mailing list> Tango-L at mit.edu> http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/tango-l