[Tango-L] The Guided Practica

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 12:48:26 EST 2008

I attended a guided practica in Phila. and thought it a great way to experience
the dance and dance instruction all at the same time.
The instructor was Sridhar of Tangohug dot com.
In my experience, I am not in the mood to attend a full Practica nor Milonga
after an energetic 1 1/2 hour class. So, it's usually one or the other.
This way, I got to experience the dance in it's total reality and had the
added opportunity to get feedback on my form, musicality, etc.
At times, Sridhar would come over to us after a song and a little aside
from the line of dance, show a way to improve our dance. Even when this
happened in the line of dance, the other dancers had no qualms about
simply navigating around the knot of instruction and going on with their
own dance. I've heard that this will be done again in the future and I'm
enthusiasticly looking forward to it!
I was wondering if anyone in this forum could comment on similar experiences
and maybe tell us something about the proceedures used at their's.
..all comments welcome