[Tango-L] Finding tango in out-of-the-way places

larrynla@juno.com larrynla at juno.com
Fri May 23 17:46:34 EDT 2008

Finding tango in small towns is hard.  There are several ways to go about it, aside from TANGO-L and such which usually don't work too well.

One way is bring up Google.com, select Maps, and enter "city" "state" milonga.  Put the city and the state in double quotes if they are two or three words.  You can also use "Argentine tango" instead of milonga, but you will get a lot of unwanted references if you do.

Failing that, try a search for "state" "Argentine tango".  Many states have a society for the entire state and pointers to individual cities.

I had no success with either of those approaches.  Using the next largest metro area, Tom's River, about 25 miles north, just gave me

The next step is to look for a larger city close by.  Long Beach City is on the coast about 25 miles south of Toms River.  All a search there did was to find links in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Trenton, New Jersey.  Both of those are about  45 miles to the east.

Can you get there?  If so, try my search suggestions for those two cities.

Larry de Los Angeles

Click to create your dream holiday in Florida.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifFNH2EeBiLYaEiRt01DtuE5rbM2SrvaZtTRJxYFo6SLSh3c/?count=1234567890