[Tango-L] comic pearls and golden silence

desdelasnubes@web.de desdelasnubes at web.de
Fri May 23 08:14:20 EDT 2008

"A pearl before the swine" was the name of a recent thread.

I must admit I have never heard of any tango songs talking about casting pearls before the swine
(and I sure do know many songs),
but the title of the thread did not give me any clue to a possible tango connection.

So in the beginning I was misled to think the author was refering to a more prominent author
called Matthew:
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Reading further I found messages in abundance, but no pearls.

Meditating about the subject more thoroughly I have come to the conclusion, that the author
was probably referring not to the bible, but to a more modern source on the www.
There is a comic strip called "Pearls Before Swine":

"Stephan Pastis sketches this nuanced comic strip tale, which features the arrogant, self-centered, and totally hilarious Rat, who leads his four-legged friends through misadventure after misadventure. "
http://www.comics.com/comics/pearls/

>   This will be my last post for  a while...

This sounds quite promising.

 "Silence is golden, as her father used to say when she used to fly into tempers and wanted to say nasty things
to everybody withing range" (Aldous Huxley, Antic Hay, 1923).

"En boca cerrada no entran moscas." ;)

Anna