[Tango-L] Tango Diversity under one big tent: Nuevo & milonguerohappy together?

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed May 14 15:19:23 EDT 2008

Nina Pesochinsky wrote:
> How about calling "nuevo" Fake Tango? Or Pretend Tango? Or
> Wanna-be-tango?  The criteria would be no embrace, no musicality
> (apparent deafness), off axis movements, no self-awareness, a serious
> face and an attitude of self-importance.  All of these conditions must
> be present in order to meet the criteria.

Uhm - that's quite a drastic redefinition of "Nuevo" (and would
actually apply to many rabid foaming-at-the-mouth nuevo haters with
too little introspection, too, as a matter of fact).

It's my impression that "fake tango" can be danced (just as badly)
in many different styles.

I just call tend to call bad tango "bad tango".

And in fact, not even a close embrace can make me think of bad tango
as good, even though the couple would just fail at *one* of your
criteria for fake tango.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>