[Tango-L] Tango Diversity under one big tent: Nuevo & milonguerohappy together?

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Wed May 14 14:22:06 EDT 2008

Good point, John.  But Ballroom is actually a well-defined discipline
of dance with incredibly rigorous training.

How about calling "nuevo" Fake Tango? Or Pretend Tango? Or
Wanna-be-tango?  The criteria would be no embrace, no musicality
(apparent deafness), off axis movements, no self-awareness, a serious
face and an attitude of self-importance.  All of these conditions must
be present in order to meet the criteria.

This, of course, would be for the purpose of diagnosis by others.  The
problem with dancers that pursue fake tango is that THEY ACTUALLY LIKE
THE WAY THEY DANCE.  Until that changes, nothing else will.

Best,

Nina