[Tango-L] Middle of the floor

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 21:06:27 EDT 2008

Have you ever seen Tete dance in "line of dance" How would you classify his dancing? I do not particularly care to classify it as anything at all, but it seems that there is a tendency to imply that those who dance in the middle of the floor are not good dancers. Not necessarily so. The only obvious thing is that they, for one reason or another, just do not follow line of dance. And that's just fine with me as long as they do not interfere with the line of dance where I like to be most of the time.
A few weeks ago I was asked to dance at an afternoon milonga by someone I never saw dance before and I said sure - I just really wanted to dance. It turned out that for some readon she and I just could not fit well in the traditional, close embrace, line-of-dance sort of a dance. So, we drifted toward the middle where we could experiment a bit without bothering anyone. From then on I had a great dance with her. I am so happy I did not feel forced to fit into a line-of-dance where we did not belong.