[Tango-L] Alberto Dassieu

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 21:23:47 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
> Anytme that I can find a new video on this guy, I'm going to post it.

Frankly Mario, I think that in this clip Alberto's posture and footwork are way below average.
>  Lots and lots of pauses in this slooo tango..would it be ok to dance like this with most follows here in the US? He seems to wait and wait.
His waiting is really not waiting, as in "doing nothing." There could be lots of dancing happening while it seems like "nothing going on" to those watching.

> Would that be un nerving to some follows?

I am sure it would be to some.
At a recent Chicago mini tango festival. I had the overall best tanda with a woman who let me know at the very beginning with her body language that she preferred the slow and deliberate, very expressive movements filled with loads of emotional tension. From then on it was heaven. (And of course we moved to the middle in order not to disturb others and no, we did not dance the "nuevo" or show tango.) When the tanda was over, I told her that that was the best dance I had for the whole weekend -- she thanked me that I created the space for her to express herself in her own way. The whole thing was enormously satisfying for both of us.

Every dancer is different, hopefully.