[Tango-L] Thank You

rcgimmi@aol.com rcgimmi at aol.com
Mon May 12 15:58:45 EDT 2008

Thank you for the many kind comments I received regarding my review of
Gabriela Elias.  I also have a review of Elias's milonga at Labaldosa
(it was a funeral milonga for Carmencita Calderon) and I will post
that, too, if there is a consensus I should do so.

I also wrote a review about Jorge Firpo, my #1 instructor in Buenos
Aires.  I used to call him "Maestro" but in the tango world, "God"
might be a more appropriate form of address.  There's nothing this guy
can't do.  The fact that he appeared in numerous photos with Sra
Calderon that were on display at the Labaldosa milonga was a huge
compliment to him.

I'll post that, too, if people would like to see it.  Sorry, I don't
have a blog.  These were all from an email diary I kept while I was
down there.

-Rick