[Tango-L] Ladies Leading

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 19:00:15 EDT 2008

So if tango is supposed to be about the emotional
connection which can only be felt between partners, can
somebody tell me why people are looking for videos to
measure this quality?

The man-woman thing can also be taken too far in these
discussions.  I mean, that's like saying that every man
wants to sleep with every woman he ever dances with, even
if that's his mother, sister, or daughter.  Somebody want
to ask Copes if he dances sensually with his daughter?
Ewwww.  C'mon.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Nina Pesochinsky <nina at earthnet.net> wrote:

> Keith,
>
> I want to take it just a bit further.
>
> The man-woman thing in tango is pretty precious.  Where
> else do you
> find it?  In relationships?!  I think not.  In
> relationships, you have
> to deal with a whole bunch of other stuff - commitments,
> schedules,
> moods, discussions, negotiations, laundry, and want not.
> :)  Where
> else can you have the man-woman thing pure?
>
> No place but in tango, of course!  It can be pure
> romance, with no
> commitment, no obligation, and no further responsibility
> after a 10
> minute tanda.  Granted, this freedom has a huge price,
> but still...
>
> So why give up on the man-woman thing?  To some, tango is
> an
> engineering and architechtural project.  To others, it is
> an emotional
> playground.  Values, values, values!
>
> Nina
>
> Quoting Keith <keith at tangohk.com>:
>
> > Tango is a dance between a man and a woman and I've
> never seen a woman
> > who could dance very good Tango in the man's role. I'm
> not saying they don't
> > exist, just that I've never seen one. I've been to La
> Marshall
> > twice, and I've
> > seen men who could play the woman's role but never the
> other way around.
> >
> > Can anyone provide a link to a YouTube video showing a
> woman dancing the
> > man's role as well as an intermediate/advanced man?
> >
> > Keith, HK

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/