[Tango-L] Ladies Leading

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Tue May 6 19:35:20 EDT 2008

At 05:00 PM 5/6/2008, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:
>So if tango is supposed to be about the emotional
>connection which can only be felt between partners, can
>somebody tell me why people are looking for videos to
>measure this quality?

Boredom?  Engineering inclinations?  Solving mechanical problems?
Fantasy of an artistic life?  Who knows?!

>The man-woman thing can also be taken too far in these
>discussions.  I mean, that's like saying that every man
>wants to sleep with every woman he ever dances with, even
>if that's his mother, sister, or daughter.  Somebody want
>to ask Copes if he dances sensually with his daughter?
>Ewwww.  C'mon.

Yeah, this thing with parent-child tango is really warped.  We don't
know how either one of them feels about it.  This is a professional
relationship and it has its benefits.  To iterpret man-woman thing in
social tango as if it was about sex is somewhat primitive, IMNSHO.

Trini, it is much, much more.:)

Nina