[Tango-L] Qualifying Tango Instructors.

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Thu May 1 17:23:34 EDT 2008

Ok... Very adament responses, eh.  :-)

I wonder if any of them are Argentinians.

Or 'Argentines' if that's the proper spelling.  It was hashed out here
a long time ago but I forgot the outcome.

And I wonder why, whenever a comment is made with a well meant intent
of improving the breed in some way.., the first thing heard in
response is that the proposer is egotistical.    Is that the de-facto
standard response, set up by the lovers of status quo?   ;-)   Like
the word 'conspiracy' brings on an instant sarcastic groan from many
people..., because they know there aren't any such things?  <g>

I never said that such certification would be a necessity.  That
instructors would not be able to teach without one.  But as with the
Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, UL Labs, and other such quality
assurances...

I do know teachers who shouldn't be teaching Tango..  Doesn't
everyone?   And I would be just as willing to put myself up against
the wall with everyone else.  Wouldn't everyone?

As for the actual judging?  I rolled that off in a bit of a hurry
before leaving to teach a class..., so there can be a lot more thought
put into it the *way* it's done...

Groups comprised of people who are *friendly* to the particular type
or style of Tango that's in the applicant's demo cd's.    Groups with
very wide lattitude judges who would only see the underlying
principals of Tango being used.., if they're there.., more so than if
it was Swango maybe?  <g>    The applicants name can be taken out and
a number substituted if that would help keep it anyonymous.

And most of all, I did not suggest that it be done from the U.S...
Heaven forbid.   No one but home grown, well respected, Tango dancing
As.Bs. natives should be allowed to make judgements...   It's their
dance, eh...  And we need the people who produce the glow.

You know if an idea has any potential for good at all.., and I still
think this one has some merit..., people might do better by offering
up what might improve it, instead of talking about past faiures. They
don't count you know?  They were obviously done wrong!

There are *always* ways to do things better and right.   People just
need to think about it a little more.

It's still just a thought I had...

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *