[Tango-L] Qualifying Tango Instructors

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:15:29 EDT 2008

Jake:

 > -- Understanding of what the word "arrastre" means (in the music)
I hope you will explain this fourth "skill" so that I can start
working towards my minimum qualifcations.

Is it when the bass player does one of those ascending glissandos?

Or is it when the violinists scrape their fingers across the strings
below the bridge?

Or is it when the pianist runs his hand up and down the keys?

Or is it when the bandoneons drag their chairs across the stage prior
to the concert?

Gosh -- do all the qualified instructors really know this one?

-joe