[Tango-L] ..where did the balance go?

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 17:05:15 EDT 2008

Mario,

You asked a good question.  I'll try and answer it,
again, a little more simply.

If she is unbalanced when she dances slow tangos,
then, it's a good guess that she is using you for
support.

Putting it simply, concentrate on giving her your
center.  Let the middle of your chest be her contact
point.  Let the middle of your chest be YOUR focus.

If she is using your left hand to keep her balance,
then, take that crutch away from her.  It's YOUR
dance, too.  YOU can choose to give her a beautiful
tango, a tango where the connection comes from your
center.

In doing all of this, she will enjoy a much more
beautiful tango.  Why?  Because the two of you will be
connected in thought, effort and balance at your
centers.  Beautiful tango comes from your center.  She
will become more balanced.

Never make anyone feel uncomfortable.  Always strive
to give them a more beautiful dance.  Personally, I
have found that to be true with the above advice.  If
anyone feels otherwise, then constructive criticism is
always welcome.

I hope this helps.

And, by the way, I've been dancing for somewhere
between 5 days and 50 years.  I don't think about it
much beyond that.  Life is too good to spend my time
worrying about such trivia.