[Tango-L] Ecstasis and Control

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 11:35:08 EDT 2008

>Nobody should ever be under any compulsion to do something that he or
>she doesn't want to do. It sounds a little creepy to be restricted and
>instructed that I have no will, although I wasn't there, so I don't
>really know what that experience felt like.

  Well, I guess that my original post didn't explain the setting enough.
  The woman was a friend who had never danced tango. We were listening
  to non-tango ballads but danceable as a slow tango. I offered to give her
  an experience of the dance. She began moving side to side as many
  first time tango dancers do. I tried to show that it was not salsa that
  we were dancing. That it was a couple dance that needed a follower
  and that it was both intimate and formal in an elegant way.
  ..the comment about 'no will of your own' was half in humor..
  She seemed to find it interesting..  Thanks for the last line where
  you give the experience the benefit of the doubt, because you weren't there.

   I have alread decided (thanks to some lower back muscles)
   that In the future,
   not to dance tango with women who either haven't mastered their own
   balance or who haven't danced tango before.