[Tango-L] plantar faciitis - possible solution

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 13:27:12 EDT 2008

That's pretty wierd timing!  I was just going to write
an update email.

Yesterday, I went to someone who specializes in body
alignment, massage, etc.

He showed me that, without my orthotics, my left side
(with the bad foot) is quite a bit lower than the
right side at the knee, hips and, a bit at my chest,
finally correcting at my ears.  This creates a C-shape
in the spine. He showed me that one side is more
forward than the other (I forget which -- I was
looking in the mirror AND am dyslexic.).  He even
showed me that my left ear sticks out more than my
right!

Then, I put my shoes, with orthotics, on.  That
discrepency was much smaller.  So, the arch in my left
foot had fallen.

When one side of the body is higher than the other
side, you step down to the shorter side making your
weight transfer to the inside of your foot as you
leave it, thus stressing the foot.  (I am being vague
about which foot because, as I am writing this, I
realize that, again, in looking in the mirror, I have
my left and right mixed up ... just like in tango
workshops!)

So, I have stressed a part of my foot and leg.

The plantar fascia is actaully a part of the achillis
tendon.  This gets narrow at the heal, goes under the
heal and and fans out under the foot, reaching to the
toes.  It also fans out up well into the calf.

He, very painfully, showed me that I have knots along
the inside of the fascia from the big to right up the
side of the shin.  I knew about the ones under my foot
and have been working them out for 2 months, now.
Now, the next day, my leg is in pain all the way up
the inside, half way up the calf.

I will have repeat visits.  I am to, 3 times a day,
put a hot facecloth over the area for 15-30 seconds,
to open the pours.  Then, rub some anti-inflamatory on
it.  Once a day, I am to soak my foot in ice until
numb for about 15 minutes before the procedure.

The ointment has: ILEX, Glucosamine, MSM, Aloe, E,
Curcuminoids, Boswellia Serrata and it is called
Orthogel by Orthopedic Pharmaceuticals.

I told him that I would do the same massaging up my
calf that he did, between visits.  But, man, does it
hurt!  I'll let it rest.

I am "The Human Guinnea Pig".

All I want is to get my tango back! ... is a lie!  I
want to be able to walk around the house an do chores!
 All I do is sit!

I hope I've finally found the right doctor!!!