[Tango-L] What Argentine Tango is, and what it is not

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Tue Mar 11 13:48:30 EDT 2008

Ha!   I do understand both sides...

That there is no need to identify it as Argentine Tango.., as there is
only one true Tango.  And on this list especially, that is only Tango
that should be being discussed.

But.., the way I handle the other side of it.., is that I say I Tango.
If someone asks what kind, I say what do you mean.
When they say American or Ballroom?  I shudder a little and act like
they have just insulted me.

I want them to learn the meaning of faux pas.  <g>

Btw.., I'm putting this back on thread...  When one 'types' an ongoing
subject line it seems they invariably get it wrong, and then there are
two...

Floyd