[Tango-L] Pointers Please

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Mar 4 18:30:28 EST 2008

Mario:
I don't know what you're so excited about.  I do it slightly differently. I take the side step to cross feet. I come forward on my left, the woman goes back on her left. As I come forward with my right in contrabody, I hook my right foot (the woman steps back on her right foot) and block her left foot from crossing, which would be the next natural step since we're in contrabody. (My teacher called this opening the door.) I then walk forward (I'm in contrabody position so as I step forward) my left foot takes me to the open side and I'm on her left. I stay on her left until I decide to cross back in front. This time I "open the door" with my left foot and step through with my right.

Michael Ditkoff
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango