[Tango-L] Digital Video Cameras

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:33:36 EST 2008

I have an analog VHS-C camera that has exceptional low-light response. However it is bulky, and transferring to digital requires extra hardware that I never bothered to buy.

I've never seen a digital camera with low-light performance nearly as good as you can get with analog. Most don't even quote the specs. My current DV camera has a cat's eye IR mode that works OK if you don't mind black-and-white images. Transferring to my PC requires a firewire PCI board, less than $100 as I recall.

I've been shopping for a Hard Disk camera, and waiting for the prices to come down and capacity to go up. That's where I'm going next. Transferring to a PC is easy via USB - it's treated like a remote drive.

        TangoMoments.com