[Tango-L] Pointers Please

David dchester at charter.net
Tue Mar 4 13:50:14 EST 2008

Mario,

I took a look at the opening on the video.

The leader starts off with a side step to his left, followed by an un-led weight change to get into crossed system (a fairly common thing).

Next he leads a forward step (in crossed system), and then a side step to his right (the follower does a pivot & back step), (which gets him to outside on the closed side).  Make your side step a little bigger than the follower's.  Turning slightly to the left, while making the side step, can also help.

Now it's just walking on the outside closed side, in crossed system.  This takes some practice.  He's certainly better at it than I am.  I usually only take a couple steps when on outside closed, before doing something else.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

------------------------------------
> From: Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Tango-L] Pointers Please
> To: tango-l at mit.edu

> I love the way this couple dance and I especially love everything that they do
in this one.

>  http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFZN4Y6V3L8&feature=user

>  The opening is to die for and I am determined to get it for myself.
>  A side step to crossed feet, a couple of ochos atras and then the lead moves
>  outside left of the follow and continues walking outiside on the closed side
>  several steps and then he begins to sidestep there (Help, any pointers on how
to do all  this??) ..until the turn of the corner of the room is
navigated..finally a sacada and turn towards