[Tango-L] Tango styles and labeling

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 20:19:40 EST 2008

Tango-L was a spin-off from a Ballroom forum many
years ago.  When it became clear that there were two
groups/ two camps talking about two distinct dances,
Shahrukh wisely created a forum for us.

Maybe the question should be:  Is it time to create a
Nuevo Tango list?  It seems to me that many
misunderstandings result from trying to discuss apples
and oranges on this list.  Or should that be:
Performance/nuevo/traditional/neo/close-embrace
milonguero [Gricel style]/V-style semi-open close
embrace [Nito & Elba]/your own version
here........danced
to..................................

Nancy
--- KUROSAKA Teruhiko <kuro at bhlab.com> wrote:

> > From: "Anton Stanley" <antonst at alidas.com.au>
>
> > I would like the assistance of list members to
> help me become a Tango
> > pacifist. But first I need to understand why we
> don't include "Tango"
> > which most of us in the tango community label
> Ballroom Tango, on our
> > list of tango styles.
>
> It seems to me that any types of ballroom dance are
> completely
> different from what they label, and that's probably
> why we don't
> discuss ballroom tango.  I've danced samba, salsa
> and tango.
> Ballroom Samba has nothing to do with samba danced
> in
> Brazil, Ballroom Salsa has nothing to do with Salsa
> danced
> in the night clubs, and Ballroom tango doesn't look
> to have any
> relationship to Argentine Tango.
>
> Kuro

<<Rito es la danza en tu vida