[Tango-L] Tango styles and labeling

KUROSAKA Teruhiko kuro at bhlab.com
Sun Mar 2 19:59:35 EST 2008

> From: "Anton Stanley" <antonst at alidas.com.au>

> I would like the assistance of list members to help me become a Tango
> pacifist. But first I need to understand why we don't include "Tango"
> which most of us in the tango community label Ballroom Tango, on our
> list of tango styles.

It seems to me that any types of ballroom dance are completely
different from what they label, and that's probably why we don't
discuss ballroom tango.  I've danced samba, salsa and tango.
Ballroom Samba has nothing to do with samba danced in
Brazil, Ballroom Salsa has nothing to do with Salsa danced
in the night clubs, and Ballroom tango doesn't look to have any
relationship to Argentine Tango.

Kuro