[Tango-L] Changes of direction

David dchester at charter.net
Fri Jun 27 19:37:55 EDT 2008

My understanding of the so called "Change of Direction" in it's original and simplest form, was a way of going from a back ocho step directly to a front ocho step, as well as the other way around.  Typically from a Back ocho, one might do things like another back ocho, a side step (molinette), or a boleo.  Similiarly, from a fromt ocho, the typical next steps are another front ocho, a side step, a boleo, or even a parada.  Going from a front ocho step directly to a back ocho, would be an example of the change (as is a back ocho directly to a front ocho step).

David