[Tango-L] Marketing or hype?

Jake Spatz spatz at tangoDC.com
Tue Jun 10 12:35:13 EDT 2008

Nina (and others),

Janis' point was not about superlatives alone: it was also about lies
and deliberately misleading statements. Do you also accept those as a
matter of course? If you do, what good is your word?

Nina Pesochinsky wrote:
> The question is who controls the student - other people of his/her internal drive?
Actually, the question was how manipulative certain people are, and how
much certain other people are willing to tolerate it (and even get
behind it) on Tango-A.
> If it is other people, then he/she needs to spend lots of money on lots of lessons to figure it out.  It is a journey, and the words don't matter.

And the sentences above endorse a trickle-down policy of... well,
bullshit. Perhaps it's my silly "internal drive" talking here, but I
simply don't see how one person's innocence can possibly justify
another's abuse.

I agree with the notion that every teacher has at least a little to
offer, perhaps even a gem. The problem is that bad teachers also offer
heaps of gaudy junk. That a fake Rolex tells time does not make it any
the less fake.

Jake