[Tango-L] Marketing or hype?

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Tue Jun 10 03:52:19 EDT 2008

This would all be very well if this is how tango selling worked. But the
reality is that a teacher in a studio will tell all his students, most of
them beginner or intermediate level:"I have this teacher from BA coming over
for a tango week, and he/she is really famous and one of the best tango
dancers in the world. Now, for a mere 30000 Yen/ 300 dollars/200 Euros or
whatever, you can be part of this very special experience and take a series
of lessons with him/her..."
At least the beginners will often buy this, no matter who is actually
coming.
So, words do matter, Nina, calling this fraud in some cases is not
completely unjustified, it is very different from flattering a woman you
want to seduce by telling her, she is the best, most beautiful etc. .