[Tango-L] Marketing or hype?

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jun 9 22:40:00 EDT 2008

> Argentines are not so attached to the truth of the words.
> ...  But it does not matter.  Argentines know that.  They do not hook
> into every word for its "truth".  It just needs to sound good.

Let's see if I understand you correctly, Nina.

When the student who's fallen for this hype finds himself spending $30 of
his money and two hours of his time listening to an Argentine telling him
how to dance tango, it does not matter whether this Argentine's claims to
be a great dancer and master teacher are actually true.

Rather, "it just needs to sound good." ???

--
Chris