[Tango-L] No need to tke sides (was nuevo dancing to the music)

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:38:12 EDT 2008

Sergio wrote
>> IMO there are several important reasons to distinguish tango styles

I think that none of us have difficulty acknowledging stylistic differences.

The problem I have is with the bigoted and hateful views that I occasionally
feel are expressed by one stylistic crowd or the other.  I am a retired
(old & gray) close embrace dancer trying to learn some of the cool nuevo stuff.
I'll never be much of a nuevo dancer, but I am nevertheless learning what I can.

Although the list has been relatively civil recently, I have sometimes been terribly
embarrassed by the prejudice coming out of the keyboards of some of my fellow dancers.

Grow up!!  What is that bumper sticker?  More Wag and Less Bark?  Please.

Cheers

D. David Thorn