[Tango-L] Different feeling in tango

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Fri Jul 25 02:29:09 EDT 2008

Myk,

Your approach to tango seems a bit too naive and too literal, but
that probably will change in time.

So just a few corrections:
1. Passion is allowed among people regardless of conventional
partnerships, if people they are not repressed.
2. Partnerships do not control passion and one does not have to
pretend to be playing a role in order to justify sharing passion with
someone other than his or her partner.
3, Milonga gay does not mean segregation of gay people.  It means
that the codes of conduct are relaxed in regards to the music, the
gender roles, the invitation style, etc.  But... if you are not
familiar with these milongas in BsAs, you wouldn't have known it.

And you see what I mean about the cultural stuff?  All I have to do
is throw out the word "milonga gay" to someone raised in the Western
homophobic reactionary society and I get  an instant response!

Keep working on it, Myk.  You're doing just fine.

Nina