[Tango-L] Dancing socially to Piazzolla

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Thu Jul 24 14:36:52 EDT 2008

Joe Grohens wrote:
> Maybe you would agree, David, that Piazzolla's music is not well
> suited to the dance abilities and preferences of a very high majority
> of tango dancers?

You cannot make a general pronunciation. There is no such thing as "Piazolla's
music" that is a monolithical slab of black onyx 1:4:9; it's a collection
that encompasses many different styles of music.

Do I agree that "Adios Noniño" played by a symphony orchestra isn't really
dance music? Yes.

Some other pieces of music are danceable, period, and it doesn't take rocket
science to dance them.

For some others, it all depends on context, and it takes a good DJ to
appreciate context.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>