[Tango-L] Changes of direction

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 00:54:25 EDT 2008

David,

A Change of Direction, as the term now seems to be commonly used, includes
a change in the direction of a Giro.

A LF Front Cross is part of a Giro to Left [CCW]. If you the lead the lady to a RF
Back [Open] Step this is still part of a Giro to Left as is shown by the fact that the
lady pivotted CCW. As the direction of the turn hasn't changed, it isn't a Change of
Direction

In the example I gave - Left foot front cross to right foot back cross, the pivot would
be to right [CW] and the direction of the turn changes from CCW to CW.

In this type of terminology, it really makes no difference whether the step is a RF
Open Backstep and a RF Open Sidestep. They're both just a RF Open Step.

Jack