[Tango-L] Changes of direction

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:47:58 EDT 2008

Jack: You listed the 6 CODs as :

> Right foot front cross to left foot back cross;
> Right foot back cross to left foot front cross;
> Right foot open step to left foot open step;
> Left foot front cross to right foot back cross;
> Left foot back cross to right foot front cross; and
> Left foot open step to right foot open step

I'm a little confused. I lead quite a number of other things that I think of as changes of direction.
For Example:
Left Front Cross (now pivot follow 180 deg CCW on left foot) to Right Back (Open). Backstep, not Sidestep. (This certainly can mess with women who don't follow since they are perhaps expecting that after the LFX they will either be led side to continue the turn or RFX as a front ocho.) This is essentially a rock step with a pivot in between. It is very akin to LFX (now both lead & follow pivot 180 deg CW) BRX except that by not pivoting with my partner her back right is open and not cross.

Cheers,

D. David Thorn

P.S. And yes Astrid - follows are not expected to get this. It does however represent the intellectual side of the lead process for at least some of us leads.

P.P.S. I know that I "left" the list, but somehow my request to be removed was ignored and I just couldn't help asking this.