[Tango-L] metin video

desdelasnubes@web.de desdelasnubes at web.de
Sun Jan 27 06:15:55 EST 2008

--- Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why do women put up with this..are they all masochists ??
> ...and then she smiles and laughs incredulously?? duh
>

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8jgnvrTxl4&feature=related

You can tell by her laughter that she is deeply embarassed.
"They" are not all masochists, "they" probably are too well educated
to react properly to this rudeness demonstrated in public.
It's sad to watch, so the title of thread "funniest video" is not appropriate at all.
No consideration shown for the follower, just exercising the will of the leader,
kicking her around like an object (poets on this list: maybe you should add football to
your list of dear metaphors) . And no music interfering in this lesson, either.

>Trini wrote:
>The move Metin is demonstrating does look like fun when
>done correctly.  Check out this one with Pulpo & Luisa, in
>which he does the move at about 2:26.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OplUFeukicY

It is definitely not a question of technique done correctly or skilled enough.
It is a question of paying respect to the person you are dancing with.

>The woman in the video didn't have the technique down, but
>with practice she might one day.  She obviously didn't feel
>abused.

It makes me feel sad to read this, Trini, written by a woman:
"the woman in the video didn't have the technique down,
but with practice she might one day".

IMHO the best practice is to learn to step out if this kind of practice.

Anna