[Tango-L] Funniest Tango video

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 10:43:13 EST 2008

--- Laurence Moseley <lgmoseley at aol.com> wrote:

> A. Learning the move and communicating it to your
> partner
> B. Dancing the move to a variety of music
> C. Linking the move with your existing dancing and
> style
> D. Doing all of that in a crowded room, without
> interfering with others
>
> Thus, a teacher needs to teach the first skill, as
> in the video clip under discussion. However, for it
> to be learned and incorporated, the teacher should
> also teach the other three elements.

Excellent, constructive post!  Thanks! It's very
refreshing.

When someone teaches a lot of moves, students do not
have to go out and use all the moves in a sequence out
on a crowded dance floor.  Matter of fact, if someone
tries to use a sequence of big moves on a crowded
dance floor, don't blame the teacher!  It may not have
been his intent for them to learn all of that and go
out onto a crowded dance floor and use it.  However, I
have to agree.  If that was the intention, the teacher
should use A-D, above.

There are a lot of moves in that video AND it is very
clear how he is using his body and how she is using
her body.  Therefore, it is very informative.

He might be shuffling his feet, here and there, to
setup to show a move.  Ok, give him a lower grade for
that.  But, you have to admit that, when he
demonstrates each move, partners could watch the
video, discussing what they see within each move, and
try it at home without even being at the workshop!
Imagine actually being at the workshop!

It is very clear how he is using his body.

It is very clear where and when he is moving his
inside foot.

I am glad that someone went out and found this video!

I like soft tango.  So, I can learn from the video and
soften it to my liking.

If someone likes doing big moves, they can use it for
that.

If someone is looking to discuss it in a constructive
way, there is something there for us, too.

If someone is looking for cases of abuse, I they can
really reach and create a whole thread about it.

It looks like we're all happy!  We must all give
thanks for this video.  ;o)

Would anyone care to go through the video and lavel
each of the moves along with the timestamp?  That
would help a lot of people.

Thanks!