[Tango-L] What strong connection IS NOT ..

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 17:07:28 EST 2008

--- Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
> Emotional connection has nothing to do with quality of
> dancing in all styles. Yes, good dancing give birth to
emotional connection, but thinking about it in the opposite
way, it is like fixing the car engine from the trunk.

I disagree.  The mind/psyche and body are so interconnected
that what affects one will affect the other.  Good
technique will free up the body, which can free up the mind
and one's emotional state.  But one can also affect the
body by thinking of something or recalling an emotion -
like the way actors do.

How you think/feel about something can cause the body to
relax (or tense up) and move more freely (or more stiffly),
enabling a better (or worse) physical connection.

So, if I'm not feeling a good connection with my partner,
sometimes I'll say to myself, "this guy is my favorite
dancer in the room", even if he isn't.  This puts me in a
happy state and helps me relax.  And this helps me get a
much better connection.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/