[Tango-L] A True tango - Copes

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Sat Jan 19 21:48:59 EST 2008

So, I suppose on that basis, we can say Jesse Owens wasn't really that good because nowadays he wouldn't even qualify for
the Olympics, let alone win 4 gold medals. No need to be too deferential? How soon people forget.

Keith, HK

 On Sun Jan 20  9:35 , Victor Bennetts  sent:

Yes, Copes is a legend of the dance, but things have moved on a lot from his day both in terms of teaching and performance. I think (without mentioning Copes specifically) that was Naveira's main point in his article previously linked by Janis. Tango today is stronger than it has ever been and there is no need to be too deferential to the past.