[Tango-L] European and American pseudo-tango dancers

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Sat Jan 19 19:38:04 EST 2008

I don't require my tango teachers to be charming dinner companions any more than I require this of my doctor. But I do expect them to have good technique. Just have a look at the first two dances on the CITA 2007 video. First you have Javier with impeccable technique. Then you get Fabian who is clearly not concentrating with bad posture looking at his feet most of the time. Fabin can dance beautifully as you can see if you search under his name on youtube and particularly where he is dancing with Cecilia Gonzales. However it seems that for whatever reason he just doesnt bother to any more,  at least that is what an objective viewing of the last couple of years of CITA videos reveals. I dont think his status as a great dancer (and yes he can dance better than anyone on this list almost certainly) should stop people pointing this out. Anyone can see his posture is bad and if it is not highlighted then people might think it is ok to dance that way.

Victor Bennetts