[Tango-L] Milonga, a guy thing.

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 19:03:35 EST 2008

regarding Charles’ post...
  "as Jayrabe pointed out, there are no pauses"
  Actually, what Jay wrote was, "you don't put many pauses in milonga".
  Without specific examples, I am certain that there are pauses in milongas.
  They are not long pauses, but they happen fairly frequently between
  phrases. I can usually hear them coming, and almost always respond to them.

  It seems to me that women like milonga as much as men since I have no
  problem finding someone to dance it with.
  I have learned that milonga is best taught as a One Step, with the "syncopated"
  movements added after people become comfortable with stepping on only the
  accented beat (2 beats of every 4).

  Since Charles wrote about some people doing it "completely wrong", maybe
  someone could explain the "completely correct" way to do milonga?